Adult Hosting Tutorials
Adult Web Hosts
Adult Hosting Resources
Adult Web Hosting Free Adult Web Hosting Adult Website Hosts Adult Website Marketing Adult Search Engine Optimization
Adult Merchant Accounts Accepting Credit Cards SSL Certificates for Adult Sites Payment Gateways for Adult Sites
Types of Adult Website Hosting
Forum Web Hosting
Forum Web Hosting- An important part of adult websites are forums. Forums are very popular because people can talk with each other. In this Adult Website Hosting article we are going to discuss forum web hosting as it relates to adult web hosting.
On a lot of adult websites you will see forums. Forums are a great way for people to discuss just about everything under the sun. There are lots of forum software out there and generally you can tell when you stumble on some of the best forum software or not so good software. Adult Website Hosting has a lot of experience in forum hosting and forum software. To begin with you should understand that there are two types of forum software programs; proprietary ($$$) and open source (free!). We have put together our list of top three forum software programs for each type.
1) vBulletin- vBulletin is a very easy to use and user friendly. vBulletin is has one of the fastest and easiest to use back end for editing and maintenance. Along with an easy to use back end, vBulletin features a powerful search engine. A lot of forum software has security issues but not vBulletin. It has been rated as one of the most secure forum software programs. vBulletin can be used on the most popular operating systems including Windows, Linux, and Unix. The development language for vBulletin is PHP and it uses the MySQL database system. Here are some other features of vBulletin:
Price of vBulletin- $100-$180 depending on which version you get.
2) UBB.threads- UBB threads has been one of the leading forum software providers since 1997. UBB.threads are perfect for all types of websites including adult websites. UBB.threads can be used on the Linux, Windows, Solaris, Open BSD, and Mac OS operating systems. The development language for UBB.threads is PHP and it uses the MySQL database system. Here are some other features of UBB.threads:
3) Active Forums- Active Forums can only be used on Windows hosting of ASP hosting. ASP is program designed specifically for Windows hosting. While most programs designed for Windows can be costly, Active Forums isn’t. Active Forums uses MySQL, MS SQL, and Access databases. Here are some features of Active Forums:
Price of Active Forums - $49-$249 depending on which version you get.
So those are the three proprietary forum software programs according to Adult Website Hosting.
Open Source Forum Software:
1) phpBB- phpBB is perhaps the most widely used open source forum software program. phpBB is the third version. phpBB is compatible with Linux and Windows operating systems. phpBB utilizes the PHP language and is compatible with MySQL databases, PostgreSQL databases, SQlite, Microsoft SQL server, and Oracle. Here are some of the features of phpBB:
2) bbPress- bbPress is a forum software program that was developed by the same developers of the popular blog program WordPress. bbPress is very easy to install, easy to modify, and easy for your users to participate in the forums. bbPress can be used on all types of operating systems including Linux, Windows, Solaris, and Mac OS. It uses the PHP language and MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite databases. Here are some features of bbPress:
3) Quicksilver Forums- Quicksilver forums are free for both commercial and personal use. Quicksilver is very fast and runs lightly. A nice feature is that it can be translated into 18 languages. Quicksilver Forums can be run in both Linux and Windows operating systems using PHP 4 or PHP 5. When creating databases you would use MySQL. Here are some features of Quicksilver Forums:
All of these forum hosting programs are supported by the adult web hosting providers listed on Adult Website Hosting!
Related Article: Video Web Hosting >>
Best Adult Hosts